WC 06: Day of Evangelism
One of the days of the conference that I really enjoyed was the day of outreach (evangelism). The first girl that was my sharing partner was really fun to go sharing with. She went up to this lady working at a lotion kiosk and got some lotion put on her hands. She then started to ask her the question on our little questionare that we use to start conversations. After the first question we found out that the lady working at the kiosk is Jewish and had only been in Canada for 3 days! My sharing partner asked her what she thought about Jesus and she said that she was interesting in knowing more about him. All this was taking place as she was showing us another product! So we left her the little booklet about how to have a personal relationship with God and I left with something that's supposed to make the skin on my face look better. *blush* Weirdest evangeslistic experience ever!
It was really great to see how God was working through us that day. I think the time where God was most evident to me was with the girl that I shared with last. I went through the quiz with her and asked her if I could share the booklet with her and she said yes. So I started going through the booklet with her. I explained the main point to her and then and I had her read the page. When we got to the page that has the prayer to receive Christ on it she read through the prayer and says "That's a nice prayer." And I'm thinking, you're kidding me right? So I asked her if she wanted to pray the prayer with me. And she did!
It was really great to see how God was working through us that day. I think the time where God was most evident to me was with the girl that I shared with last. I went through the quiz with her and asked her if I could share the booklet with her and she said yes. So I started going through the booklet with her. I explained the main point to her and then and I had her read the page. When we got to the page that has the prayer to receive Christ on it she read through the prayer and says "That's a nice prayer." And I'm thinking, you're kidding me right? So I asked her if she wanted to pray the prayer with me. And she did!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home