Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Walking By Faith: Freakishness

Lately I've been praying to know what God's will for my future is and I think often He prefers to revel things that are in the more immediate future than things that are further away.

For example, in my Tuesday morning class my teacher is having us do presentations, but he is assigning them week by week so that you only have one week to prepare and he does this at the end of class. Now, I tend to get fidgety toward the end of class because I have another class that I have to go to right after this one and it takes me roughly 8 minutes run-jog-walking to get there. So it's been kind of annoying because I don't want to leave class till he assigns it to someone because I don't want to get dumped on as the person who leaves early and then have him volunteer me. And I really don't want to be volunteered since I have a lot of work piling up.

But let's suppose that today was different. Let's say instead of being able to sit through class that I had butterflies in my stomach anxiously waiting to accept doing the presentation for next week. Ludicrous! With a 300 word assignment due Thursday and a 700 word assignment due next Tuesday, plus work, no time for extra assignments. And yet in the back of my head you could imagine a little voice thinking, well if God wants me to do it, instead of waiting for someone to volunteer my prof can just ask me to do it. Now you would be amazed, if after asking the entire class if they have any classes right after this one (and I, being the only person to raise their hand to that) he asks me point blank, so how would you like to do next weeks presentation. So which he hears a cheerful reply of sure...now stunned by such a happy response the person that said this clearly must not have understood what they were agreeing to!

But praise be to God that was how my morning went. But not only that, my Thursday assignment from my Tuesday/Thursday class has been moved to next Thursday and my assignment for next Tuesday has also gained a week's extension. Now this would be freakishness you see, but my God knows all things and He knows what's best for me.

Now this is not the end of my tales of walking by faith, but merely an example from my day. Like the bus that I caught because I flagged it down in faith and also finding out about free lockers where I can keep my stuff so that I don't have to carry my bag as I'm running from class to class on Tuesdays. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home