Stepping Up!
Wow! Today was such a fun day. I just wanted to give a little thank you to my blog family that supports and encourages me to continue writing. Thank you for your faithful readership.
Today presented itself with two opportunities. The first happened while I was driving! So I was in the car driving with my driving instructor and we'd just come back from his office and I had gotten my driving certificate. And the instructor starts talking about how the secretary goes online in order to find a guy. And he just keeps going on about it and how she's not pretty enough to get the kind of guy she wants and I'm just like...how do I respond to this. And he asked me if I agreed with him and I refused to make any comment. So the conversation moved to dating and I mentioned how my pastor met his wife and then we started talking about the difference between Christianity and Catholicism and I explained the difference. I said how Christians believe their saved by faith whereas there's more to do with works for Catholics. So we had a whole spiritual conversation as I'm driving!
Opportunity #2 came in class during my presentation. Okay, so the topic I picked was rather intentional: Messiahs during the time of Jesus. My presentation had the most class involvement of all the presenations today. One girl asked me where Jesus said that he was the Son of God because I had written that on my outline. I could have checked some verses to see if it's explict there, but I figured it's wisest to give myself time to formally prepare and give a good presentation of it. My teacher even suggested that I just focus on Jewish views of Jesus. So that should be fun!
Prayer Points:
1. Driving Exam on Monday, January 29 at 2:20pm. So please pray for God's favour, weather, good judgement, etc.
2. That I would step up to the challenge and present Jesus accurately to my class.
Today presented itself with two opportunities. The first happened while I was driving! So I was in the car driving with my driving instructor and we'd just come back from his office and I had gotten my driving certificate. And the instructor starts talking about how the secretary goes online in order to find a guy. And he just keeps going on about it and how she's not pretty enough to get the kind of guy she wants and I'm just like...how do I respond to this. And he asked me if I agreed with him and I refused to make any comment. So the conversation moved to dating and I mentioned how my pastor met his wife and then we started talking about the difference between Christianity and Catholicism and I explained the difference. I said how Christians believe their saved by faith whereas there's more to do with works for Catholics. So we had a whole spiritual conversation as I'm driving!
Opportunity #2 came in class during my presentation. Okay, so the topic I picked was rather intentional: Messiahs during the time of Jesus. My presentation had the most class involvement of all the presenations today. One girl asked me where Jesus said that he was the Son of God because I had written that on my outline. I could have checked some verses to see if it's explict there, but I figured it's wisest to give myself time to formally prepare and give a good presentation of it. My teacher even suggested that I just focus on Jewish views of Jesus. So that should be fun!
Prayer Points:
1. Driving Exam on Monday, January 29 at 2:20pm. So please pray for God's favour, weather, good judgement, etc.
2. That I would step up to the challenge and present Jesus accurately to my class.

1 Comments:
At Friday, January 26, 2007 8:58:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
you will do great on the 29th
Your blogs are great.
Post a Comment
<< Home