Mixed Feelings
My dad got offered a job today. Normally that sort of thing wouldn't be worth mentioning...but it's been about 3 and a half years since he had a job so this comes as a huge relief. I think it comes with a lot of mixed feelings though because the job is in Halifax so it means he'll be moving. I think we're all feeling a sense of relief because that's the kind of feeling when you get a job after you've been waiting so long.
But I think my dad is feeling out of place. I think he feels like he's not wanted here, but the idea of moving to another place can be scary. To be honest, I would like some space between me and him. There's so much friction in our relationship and I just don't know how to relate to him. I find it so hard to be around him...but I don't want him to leave feeling that way because maybe in the future I'll feel differently.
I think I feel guilty for wanting him to leave. When I was at work I kept praying that God would show me how he would respond to this because I was feeling clueless. I believe that God showed me how I should respond. In part it was choosing to be thankful because afterall this is something that I've been praying for.
But I think my dad is feeling out of place. I think he feels like he's not wanted here, but the idea of moving to another place can be scary. To be honest, I would like some space between me and him. There's so much friction in our relationship and I just don't know how to relate to him. I find it so hard to be around him...but I don't want him to leave feeling that way because maybe in the future I'll feel differently.
I think I feel guilty for wanting him to leave. When I was at work I kept praying that God would show me how he would respond to this because I was feeling clueless. I believe that God showed me how I should respond. In part it was choosing to be thankful because afterall this is something that I've been praying for.

2 Comments:
At Friday, August 11, 2006 9:51:00 AM,
L said…
darn you, i was in the middle of one yesterday, but i didn't have a chance to finish it.
At Friday, August 11, 2006 9:56:00 AM,
L said…
how about a TFTD mr?
Post a Comment
<< Home