Job Searching
So after months of praying I've decided that it's best for me to look for a new job. My main problem is that in order to look for a job you have to have some idea of what that job might be and the problem is that I don't. I'd prefer to have something that I'll enjoy because I think it would give me a reason not too constantly be looking for where I can escape to...especially considering that the whole escaping idea would be only temporary and that it would likely depend on money that I wouldn't realisticly have...
So if I want a job that makes me happy then more than likely that would fall into 1 of 3 catergories a job in a church, a job in a Christian ministry or a writing job for some sort of Christian thing....sensing a theme here? Now, ideally moving would be great, but with two years of school left that's probably not the best option to consider right now...and considering I have no clue how to in any way even be aware of any of these sort of jobs, any advice would be helpful.
So if I want a job that makes me happy then more than likely that would fall into 1 of 3 catergories a job in a church, a job in a Christian ministry or a writing job for some sort of Christian thing....sensing a theme here? Now, ideally moving would be great, but with two years of school left that's probably not the best option to consider right now...and considering I have no clue how to in any way even be aware of any of these sort of jobs, any advice would be helpful.

6 Comments:
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:38:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
What the heck are you currently doing then? All three of those jobs you are already doing... Working in a christian ministry with christian people... and you are doing some writing for another Christian ministry.
What is the message of your post trying to say then?
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:55:00 PM,
L said…
i wrote one article for a christian ministry and that was it.
i work in a church bookstore. i'm going to be quiting for personal reasons that are specific to the location of my work. and like i said, i'd prefer not to do customer service.
basically i've been praying about this for a long time and it's time to move on to something NEW.
At Friday, May 26, 2006 7:38:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
You didn't say anything about customer service. I do understand that if you pray about it and He says go then you simply go. Basically your looking for a job in a different ministry, doing a different thing, right?
Thats tubular. Hope it works in your favor.
At Friday, May 26, 2006 10:22:00 AM,
L said…
'You didn't say anything about customer service.'
hmmmm...
then, as i thought in my mind and hoped you'd infer from the amount that it has come to annoy me...=)
ya...the older people i know seem to think this is easy...
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:57:00 AM,
Strange Man in a Strange Land said…
Job searching isn't easy - I went without one for 6 months - well, in and out of temporary ones while I was looking for something real. Just one thing - ministry does not always take place in a church. Drop me an email Liz, and I try to help as best I can.
At Sunday, May 28, 2006 6:04:00 PM,
snoopy said…
hey Liz,
finding jobs can be a drag, for me personally i find talking with people and getting connections is an easy step to find something useful and productive...you're almost done school so that's a plus...
i still have 3 drag-fully long years and i still don't really know what i'm doing with my life...blah...
praying for the best♥
Post a Comment
<< Home