Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Oh my Gosh! Chuck Swindoll!

Okay, so today I went to Chuck Swindoll's church. We got there about 45 min before the third service...so we had so much time that the second service hadn't finished yet. So we sat in the car a bit and then we went into the building, which had quite a few people in it. So we found out that they had a spot to wait in order that people don't get trampled trying to get in while everyone else is trying to get out. So we joined the line and waited for the other service to finish. So after a whole bunch of people came filing out we found the crowd in order to get in, which wasn't too hard.

So we got in and I saw Chuck up at the front talking to some people. And I was like, he's only got two people waiting to talk to him, PERFECT! So we walked up and Glenn was smart enough to put his Bible and notebook on two of the chairs near the front and I thought it was real smart cuz otherwise I would have just gone to talk to Swindoll and then all the seats would have been gone.

So I was waiting to talk to him and I was like, oh! I recognize that voice. =D So I was all excited and stuff. So when it was my turn to talk to him Glenn gave me a little introduction, which was good cuz I was like ....... It was so funny because after the first picture Glenn took Swindoll was wondering why he was taking pictures of him when he had no clue who we were. So I gave him the card that I wrote to him and he stuck it in his Bible and then I said something about listening to him on the radio and I asked him to sign an April edition of the Canadian Insights. And then I pulled another copy out of my purse (and dropped it) and then he was like, oh, you have a bunch of these. And then I told him that since I had his signature that he should have a signed copy of my article. And he was like oh look at that and said that he wasn't expecting that.

He also called me sweet. And I was very clearly nervous and he said 'stop it'...Like, stop acting like I'm someone important, there's no reason to be nervous. And he was like, you're shaking, stop it. He was so gentle about it and so sweet and I'm just like, oh my gosh! Chuck Swindoll!

So after I showed him my article he told me to go show his wife and give it to her to keep because she would be able to keep it safe. So then I showed it to his wife and gave it to her. And she asked about how they found my article and I explained to her about how I know SJ and how he asked me to write for them. And it was so cool.

So then I went and sat down and took a few minutes to calm down. And then the service started and it was so awesomely cool. Everything I saw there seemed like what I wanted in a church. I couldn't believe the amount of content (and laughter) that were contained in the service. And my heart wonders if maybe I will at some point attend his church on a more regular basis.

Oh my gosh! Chuck Swindoll!

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:00:00 PM, Blogger snoopy said…

    that is beyond AWEsomE!!!!!

    hehe im so happy for ya

    this post is so happy

    =D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At Friday, May 19, 2006 9:39:00 AM, Blogger L said…

    5 bucks? was that all it cost for the hotels, the food, the entertainment and the gas to drive me all over the place? oh! and not to mention the shopping! much thanks.

     
  • At Sunday, May 21, 2006 12:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what is the rationality behind that? you make up for for the budget of a trip by charging your friends for simple favours?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home