Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Observations of a Travelling Wanderer

Well, I'm in Texas now...don't know when I'll get to that post about Revelation. Probably won't be until I'm feeling situated...which may not be till I get back home. The weather has been pretty rainy...and warmer than Toronto...at least at this time of year. I think I'm learning quite a bit just because I'm interacting with people more than usual. I mean...I've been around people this much before, but it hasn't been anything that needed planning because it was always something that was already planned.

More and more I notice how everyone thinks differently and you really do need to communicate in order to figure out what the other person is thinking. I think I've made improvements since I've figured this out. Like I will actually talk to people and when the pastor said that I shouldn't look at him like he should already know what I'm thinking I stopped making a face and told him what was on my mind and I didn't complain that he didn't already know.

I'm learning lots and about many different things. One of them is about how to honour others. I'm trying to practice that. Before I go on with this point I'm going to use one of the definitions that the pastor gave me, which was that honour includes being obediant with the right attitude. There's more to it than that, but that's the point that I'm focused on. On this point I think to the conversation that I had with my friend about where we'd go to church today and I made an appeal (giving the person more information) about why I wanted to go to another church and I left the decision up to him. I figured it was best not to pursue it because he seemed rather tired and the church I wanted to go to is an hour away and he said we'd go next week for sure. There's more too it than that...but I think it better not to ramble on and I am getting somewhat hungry so I'll post again soon. TTYL.

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 07, 2006 9:19:00 PM, Blogger snoopy said…

    FRESHWIND TEXAS

    haha thats the first thing that went in my headd!!!

    http://www.freshwind360.com

     
  • At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Beckers said…

    Wow Liz, sounds like alot is going on lately!! I love it...you are seriously missed around here. Keep havin a blast out there, and congrats on the BIBLE-o-Month-a-thon!!! You rock babe!!!
    ;o)
    B1

     
  • At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger L said…

    wait till i show you my pictures. it will definetly take some time to catch up. lots has happened. in fact...i feel completely different...okay, not completely cuz i have lots of the same feelings and stuff, but i feel like i'm a different person. weird, huh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home