A Good Day at Church
So today was an interesting day to be working. Our computers still weren't working right so I didn't have much to do. I spent the morning giving our new employee some more training in order to make her a more efficient worker. We were finished all our work before 1 so I sent her home and that included me 'creating' extra work in order for her to practice on. I even had enough time to make a few trips out of the office and have my friends pray for me to be filled with the spirit. They all gave good reports about camp and it is very, very evident.
After that I went to the church picnic and talked to one of the young adults of our church about witness and various other things. We even touched a bit on retail since we both work in stores. It was a good time. After which I went to work again in order to see if by some act of grace the computer system was now working...it was not. So I sat at my desk and read a chapter in my book. I answered 3 phone calls. One was my dad. It was actually good that I was there though because the speaker came in to pick up the product that he had left in the store. After which he gave me 4 'pushes into my destiny.' It was cool and I felt very good after that.
Seeing as I had nothing that I could do and I had already invented other work to do during the weekend I went out and joined the evening service. It was a very good time. I really enjoyed it a lot. Steve's preaching was good. Made me think about the Bible in a way I never had before. It was encouraging because it basically confirms what I've been doing/living. Some other people prayed for me to become a pastor...and then more people prayed for me. And it was very good.
Glory to God. Amen.
After that I went to the church picnic and talked to one of the young adults of our church about witness and various other things. We even touched a bit on retail since we both work in stores. It was a good time. After which I went to work again in order to see if by some act of grace the computer system was now working...it was not. So I sat at my desk and read a chapter in my book. I answered 3 phone calls. One was my dad. It was actually good that I was there though because the speaker came in to pick up the product that he had left in the store. After which he gave me 4 'pushes into my destiny.' It was cool and I felt very good after that.
Seeing as I had nothing that I could do and I had already invented other work to do during the weekend I went out and joined the evening service. It was a very good time. I really enjoyed it a lot. Steve's preaching was good. Made me think about the Bible in a way I never had before. It was encouraging because it basically confirms what I've been doing/living. Some other people prayed for me to become a pastor...and then more people prayed for me. And it was very good.
Glory to God. Amen.

3 Comments:
At Monday, September 05, 2005 11:59:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
You need to deal with your heart issues before you become a pastor. You don't want to be pastoring out of hidden hurts. I know you've been hurt... and only you and God can deal with those things. You are precious... this is just a word of warning.
At Monday, September 05, 2005 4:26:00 PM,
Strange Man in a Strange Land said…
You know, it would be nice to know who gives someone advice or counsel. Something coming from noone is worth nothing. Constructive advice and criticism is worthless unless the source is considered.
At Monday, September 05, 2005 6:01:00 PM,
L said…
yay! jamie read my blog! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home