Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Trip to New Market

So, Josh comes over to my house today and then we hop in his car and try and figure out what we're going to do. So we grab a bite to eat and then we stop into my church to see how big it is and say 'hi' to Beck. After that we go over to a movie theatre and play in the groove 2? I think that's what it was called. It's like DDR, but harder. So I start out at the novice level...and the highest I got was like 25%...so I'm not good at it, but Josh does pretty decently. So after this I make a comment about how I'd like to go over to Newmarket and meet his friends. So we're driving around the Square One parking lot trying to figure out how to get onto the highway...

...now Josh was not entirely paying attention and instead of going past the second island into the appropriate lanes he follows this random car into oncoming traffic, now luckily this was after 10pm so there weren't that many cars, but I didn't exactly know what to do when we were driving towards headlights and Josh wasn't moving out of the way. So Josh does this awesome swerve and turn sort of deal and basically does a 180. Oh, the smell of burning rubber. So for the next 10 minutes we're talking about how insane that was and playing it over and over again in our heads...and Josh kept apoligizing and I was like, dude relax.

So we get kind of lost and we turn back around the way we were coming and then make some turns and find that the highway entrance was closed, but luckily the next one was open and we got on the highway there. So we took some random detours for lack of paying attention and going the wrong way and we made a stop to see if we could figure out why the car was making weird noises. Which resulted in me learning how to turn on a car while using a clutch. So after the engine made weird noises and then settled down we took off on the highway again and made it safely to Newmarket. Were we met up with 4 of Josh's friends and just hung out until 1ish in the morning (ok, two of them went home around 12). So I got home around 2. We made it home safely and there didn't seem to be any car troubles...even though Josh kept listening for weird noises. Many laughs and much fun. It was good times.

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that was heart warming. What's the point though? Do you love this Josh guy?

     
  • At Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love: 1. n. a positive personal connection between two individuals or among a group, causing the individual to sacrifice some or all of his/her personal gain so that the other individual may gain. See: friendship

    2. n. a strongly passionate espousal of an idea or cause, causing the individual to sacrifice some or all of his/her personal gain so that the cause may be furthered. See love #3

    3. n. a deep positive connection an individual feels with a larger group, usu. his/her nation/country, people group, culture, etc., causing the individual to sacrifice some or all of his/her personal gain for the benefit of the larger group. See: patriotism, nationalism

    4. t.v. the act of sacrificing personal gain for the sake of another individual/small group of friends, for a cause or an idea, or for the benefit a nation, people group, culture etc. See: love # 1, 2, 3

    5. a.v. to enjoy a certain activity or object.

    It can be assumed that Josh is Liz's friend. Therefore, according to "love definition #1", Liz loves Josh. As a friend. Don't make me pull out my Koine Greek-English dictionary on you now...

    good 'ol Philio

    Ite Missa Est

     
  • At Friday, August 19, 2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Strange Man in a Strange Land said…

    You know, I think I wrote something about love...but, like I've said to many people, love is more than love. For all the faults the greeks had, at least they had a powerful language - Eros, Philio, Agape and one other I can never remember. So love all, and love just the one, but most of all, from Love flows all other things.

     
  • At Saturday, August 20, 2005 9:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh and don't forget the stork's involvement in the development of the human family...

    I was of the impression that these types of love didn't come from the classical Greeks but from the Greek-speaking first Church. I may be wrong however. Although I highly doubt that classical Greeks would come up with Agape. In fact I'm sure they didn't-their gods don't always seem to be particularly loving, much less unconditionally and infinitely and able to dictate identity

     

Post a Comment

<< Home