Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

CCC BBQ

The BBQ started out really slow...probably because I was one of the first to get there. The food/snacks were good. I enjoyed the games that we played. The first game was one of those 'try to get to know everyone' games. So we had to say two nice things about someone we just met. So one guy picked me and he said I have a funky style and that I'm good to talk to. It was very encouraging. I got to throw water on someone as part of a game. :P Then I got to run around during our fill the pop bottle with your cups of water after you guess the sherade relay. Team cool (we did not pick this name) lost, but it was still fun.

After those games we played some ultimate frizbee, which was quickly given up on due to the wind. So we switched to the nerf football. So I ran around the field trying to catch it, no success. In fact our team was doing so poorly that we traded a team member so we'd have a more equal game. So I kept walking around the field, and then I'd run and miss the ball....and this continued for quite some time. And I was standing near the end zone I kept praying that God would allow me one good catch and one good pass. I was so thrilled when I finally caught it that I shouted 'YES!' in triumph. I made a quick pass to our guy in the end zone and we got a point! Yay! I made an assist! Am I using that right? Anyways, after that I actually had fun playing and I made a few more catches and passes.

Afterwards the other Liz suggested that I could be called sporty Liz and that she could be called artistic Liz...somehow I just don't think that would work for me. I don't think I've ever in my life been called sporty before. It was an interesting experience. We also sang some worship songs. It was a fun time. And I finally got some sun this summer. Note to self: Do not scratch sunburn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home