Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Day With A Non-Christian

So...basically for the last few months I have not been out without any Christians since...I was last in school? (April.) Ok, there have been the one or two odd times where there would be a non-Christian around hanging out with a bunch of us, but this was the first time in months where it was just me and a non-Christian. And I don't mean this in an insulting way. We had a great deal of fun, it's simply that we have different standards and morals and I've become very used to the Christian standards and morals...perhaps that's what happens when you work in a church and are out of school for a few months...

On with the story, so yes, there was much laughter. We had a great time...possibily...possibly more than with my Christian friends, or at least close to equal, but that's not the point. So we had lunch at school and then went off to Yorkdale...ok yes, to look for a thumb ring (for her). So we wander the mall completely forgetting our purpose in being there and look through various stores. Now, seeing as I've been in this state of being fairly spaced out at times there were things that I didn't notice. Like apparently when my friend was talking to a staff member in the pottery barn about a tub that she liked there the staff member seemed to assume that I was the fiancee that she mentioned until she said HE! Oh dear...and after we (me and my friend) discussed this she said that after she saw my hair cut she thought I was going to come out of the closet...I may need a new hairstyle...

So we went on to talk about her fiancee and a bit about the guy I like. And she is one of the few people who actually ENCOURAGED me to stick to my 'no dating for a year' promise (less than 6 months left!) if it was something I was really committed to and that if he was the right guy then he would wait. How nice, someone who actually things that I don't need to put pressure on things and try to move things along just because I like someone. How refreshing. So we ended up doing some discount shopping and I bought a skirt and a shirt....at least I spent less money than last time...also on a skirt and shirt...so all and all it was a good time. No problems, just simply different ideas about life and the way we choose to live. No pressure for the one to accept what the other lives by, simply accepting each other for who we are and letting ourselves be our own people. It was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home