Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Contrast of OT/NT

All is for the glory of God,
"I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. -John 5:24

So I was reading this book and it was talking about the difference between the NT and the OT and it brought up this verse. So I thought it was an interesting thing to think on. Those who believe do not need to fear judgement because they have already passed it by. Now to me that's some good news.
Something I thought of though was the fact that when Jesus died the curtain in the temple was torn, which according to what I've been told means that we are now able to go directly to God. No more heirarchy of God, high priest, priests and then people. Being able to speak directly to God allows us to have relationship with God instead of needing a mediator who may mix up messages on either side of the communication. Now, I don't know about all you people, but have you ever told someone to pass on a message to someone else for you? Have you ever noticed how the message doesn't turn out the way that it was originally given? Personally I like being able to talk directly to the person that I need to talk to.
May heaven fall upon you.

0 Comments:

<< Home