Dancing
I know my faithful readers have missed me. I haven't really felt inspired to write lately since my inspiration has been focused elsewhere. So I thought I should take this opportunity to let you get caught up with me.
I am getting married next Saturday. The long awaited for day is finally approaching. So tonight my dad and I went out dancing in preparation for the wedding day. Apparently I'm pretty good according to my dad. So I had some thoughts as to dancing and relationships.
Good dancing requires the dancers to be in sync with each other. They have to be able to give silent cues to each other because, let's face it, the music is too loud. A firm hand hand mean that I am to move towards the man. While a hand that is more removed means that I should move back. Of course every once and a while my steps would be off time and I'd have to do some weird stepping to get back in line, but it's pretty much all about paying attention to what the other person is doing and going along with it. Though typically the man leads the woman can make suggestions and put in a spin here or there, or whatever. Kind of like the whole husband and wife submitting to each other, though the man is the head.
Jared, don't worry. I spent most of the night dreaming about you. <3
I am getting married next Saturday. The long awaited for day is finally approaching. So tonight my dad and I went out dancing in preparation for the wedding day. Apparently I'm pretty good according to my dad. So I had some thoughts as to dancing and relationships.
Good dancing requires the dancers to be in sync with each other. They have to be able to give silent cues to each other because, let's face it, the music is too loud. A firm hand hand mean that I am to move towards the man. While a hand that is more removed means that I should move back. Of course every once and a while my steps would be off time and I'd have to do some weird stepping to get back in line, but it's pretty much all about paying attention to what the other person is doing and going along with it. Though typically the man leads the woman can make suggestions and put in a spin here or there, or whatever. Kind of like the whole husband and wife submitting to each other, though the man is the head.
Jared, don't worry. I spent most of the night dreaming about you. <3

2 Comments:
At Saturday, October 04, 2008 1:29:00 AM,
Anonymous said…
Wow. You're going to be married so soon!
What a scary but awesome thing! :)
At Saturday, October 04, 2008 8:58:00 AM,
L said…
Spending the rest of my life with the man I love = not scary
Potentionally screwing it up = scary
But I think we can manage the screw ups. God comes in handy sometimes. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home