I Samuel
Time to read: 2 hours and 56 min
Shortest reading time: 2 min 40 Chapter 31
Longest reading time: 11 min 56 Chapter 14
Hannah comes to God with her request for a son. Now I'd imagine that this wasn't the first time she was asking this of God. I could just picture a broken down woman coming to God and not even knowing how many times she's asked, but still she asks again. And someone seeing her sorrow says a word of encouragement to her and because of that she becomes 'radiant'. I can't even think of how many times I've gone to God feeling completely broken down and after spending time in prayer I've felt like a weight had been lifted...it doesn't happen everytime, but it happens enough.
I also noticed how Saul is continually disobedient to God. I like how Samuel tells him that it's not about some public display, but about obedience to God. And he's so blunt and straightforward about it that it's just great.
Shortest reading time: 2 min 40 Chapter 31
Longest reading time: 11 min 56 Chapter 14
Hannah comes to God with her request for a son. Now I'd imagine that this wasn't the first time she was asking this of God. I could just picture a broken down woman coming to God and not even knowing how many times she's asked, but still she asks again. And someone seeing her sorrow says a word of encouragement to her and because of that she becomes 'radiant'. I can't even think of how many times I've gone to God feeling completely broken down and after spending time in prayer I've felt like a weight had been lifted...it doesn't happen everytime, but it happens enough.
I also noticed how Saul is continually disobedient to God. I like how Samuel tells him that it's not about some public display, but about obedience to God. And he's so blunt and straightforward about it that it's just great.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home