Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Exodus

Time to read: 3 hours and 42 min
Shortest reading time: 2 min 21 sec Chapter 11
Longest reading time: 9 min 41 Chapter 12


Ex 2:25 God saw what was going on with Israel.
God understood.

I find it interesting that it says that God understood. It's not like He's some far removed God that doesn't get what's going on. He understands and He knows what He needs to do. I also noticed that God has this way of going about His plans and seeing them through to the end. To others it might seem like it's taking a while and not going to happen, but God's just setting the foundation.

I also noticed a huge difference between the attitude of Joseph and the Israelites. Joseph trusted in God completely, even when it meant enduring difficult things that he didn't deserve. He trusted in God completely. The Israelites didn't even seem to know God. They whined, they complained. As soon as the slightest difficulty came about they wanted to jump ship. I think eventually they caught on that God was capable of a lot, but I don't think they believed that He had planned good for them. They didn't know Him so they didn't know how good He was.

God knows what's going on. He knew that it would take a process in order for oharoah to release the Israelites, but God wasn't deterred. He went step by step and allowed things to get harder for the Israelites so that they would know that He is God and hopefully learn to trust Him. He did something painful so that He could benefit them.


God takes the Israelites through testing so that they can see who He is.

Moses gives the people commands from God. They're told to collect only enough manna to last them the day, but on the 6th day to collect double. I find it funny that some of the people try to store it away and then find it spoiled the next day. I bet it was those same people that came out on the 7th day to collect manna, which would really explain Moses' frustration with them when he questions why they haven't obeyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home