Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Can I read the Bible....

...in one month?

So here's the self-imposed challenge: I want to read the Bible cover to cover in one month.

Now, I don't know if I'm actually gonna be able to do it, but I figure, why not try?

Just for fun here's some of my thoughts on Genesis.

Time to read: 4 hours and 28 min
Shortest reading time: 2 min 30 sec Chapter 13
Longest reading time: 11 min Chapter 34

When Joseph meets up with his brothers in Egypt even though he gives them a hard time he still does give them grace. Like he pays the bill for their food, even though he doesn't tell them about it. Joseph trusted in God and he didn't get bitter about all his difficult circumstances.

I found Gen 34 kind of difficult. It's that whole think about how Dinah got raped. And I've done some study into the meaning of that sort of thing in the old testament, so I have an idea of how big an offense that would be. Her brothers respond as though they don't know what to do since no one would want to marry her anymore. I guess I need to figure out what that would mean in light of the new testament because reading that makes me feel like I'm not worth marrying.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home