hmmmm...maybe?
Okay, so I was reading John 13 today. And it's that bit about Jesus washing the feet of the disciples. Now to me it appears that there's more meaning to this than simple servanthood and washing feet. Jesus says "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me." and "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean."
And..
that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.
So to me this says that God washes away our sinfulness. Okay...so I might not get exactly how that idea works... But let's just walk this idea out a bit...Let's say the blood of Jesus covers all our sins (which it does) and this is like washing the first time so that our whole body is clean. But then after this since we're still alive and 'walking around' our feet get dirty, but we remain clean. Come on, how often do your feet get dirty when you're walking around? Ya, you know what I'm talking about. So in order for our feet to become clean and stay clean we need the help of other Christians to be like hey, your feet are dirty, how about we clean those up. So than our brothers & sisters in C take us and wash our feet and then their like, how about we walk like this instead?
Thoughts?
And..
that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.
So to me this says that God washes away our sinfulness. Okay...so I might not get exactly how that idea works... But let's just walk this idea out a bit...Let's say the blood of Jesus covers all our sins (which it does) and this is like washing the first time so that our whole body is clean. But then after this since we're still alive and 'walking around' our feet get dirty, but we remain clean. Come on, how often do your feet get dirty when you're walking around? Ya, you know what I'm talking about. So in order for our feet to become clean and stay clean we need the help of other Christians to be like hey, your feet are dirty, how about we clean those up. So than our brothers & sisters in C take us and wash our feet and then their like, how about we walk like this instead?
Thoughts?

2 Comments:
At Monday, February 13, 2006 8:39:00 PM,
snoopy said…
never looked @ it that way b4
but it's true we're all on this journey together so might as well build each other up...
and keep our feet clean
=)
thanks for sharingâ„
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:20:00 PM,
Maeghan said…
wow...that was insightful:) I say your right on sista!!
Post a Comment
<< Home