Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Awwwww.... what a sweet lady.

So today being the Sunday after a conference we were real busy in the store. So before the service started a customer told me she wanted to go over her bill with me because she wasn't sure she had been charged the right thing. Now considering that would take quite a bit of time and there was quite a bit of line I told her I couldn't help her right then, but that if she waited I could help her when the line was gone. So roughly 20 minutes to half an hour later I had the time to help her. She had started talking to our volunteer customer service person, so I took over at this point. So I took several minutes with her looking over her bill and showing her what she had been charged for. And no, she was not dense, the bill really is difficult to read for several reasons. It just isn't set up properly yet.

So once we finished that looking over the bill, we found that she had not been charged for a book. She said that it had been on sale and that her husband had taken off the sale stickers. I told her I'd take the book and talk to my manager (because she had said she'd see me today) and see what we could do since the computer did not say that it was on sale. Due to the emotion of trying to get this all sorted out she started to cry. I assured her not to worry and that I'd get it sorted out. So I took the book and looked on the old system and it was in fact on sale. So I tried to find my manager and I found one of the senior staff and I talked to her about it and asked if I could give the woman the book for free. She said yes!

So after the service the woman came back in the store and as soon as I saw her I gave her the book and told her that I had checked and that I was told that I could give her the book for free. She thanked me and thanked me for the manner in which I had served her and then we hugged. She was so sweet and patient and I really felt blessed to be able to help her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home