Out of the Darkness...

and into the light.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

New Years with CCC

So I've been sick this week...a contributing factor is likely the fact that last week at the conference around 10 pm I went swimming...and part of the swimming pool was outside. So I was swimming outside, at night, toward the end of December. Smart stuff, eh?

So...New Years was an interesting night. Fun without alcohol. It can be done! So the theme was the 80's. Now, being born in the 80's I had absolutely no clue how I could portray this theme. So I didn't even try. I was amazed to see how much effort some people put into it. It was great! Very 80's ish.

So after this wonderful night of the 80's a bunch of us decided that we were hungry and wanted to venture out for food. So we headed out...for some reason the girl that was in a wheelchair (broke her leg ice skating) was included in this group. So imagine...let's say 10-15 people wandering out on new years (completely sober, which was quite the contrast compared to most) with a girl in a wheelchair, some slushy snow on the ground and no idea where they're going. Needless to say, in the first 5 minutes we were out the wheelchair (and the girl in it) were tipped over. Luckily she took it well. It was an interesting night since the first two places we wanted to go to were closed, which resulted in us going one way and then back and then back again, which resulted in some people being confused about which way the hotel was (I was not). To make the story short, we did find food and we all managed to get back to the hotel safely without any major problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home